Wednesday 8 June 2016

A Note To Readers in the Los Angeles area

You should be able to name all of these cartoon characters.


Being cartoons, you can’t talk to them, but if you’re in the Los Angeles area tonight, you have the next best thing. You can hear from three of the men who worked on the early Hanna-Barbera shows, dating back to when Huckleberry Hound was in first-run syndication.


I’ve never had the opportunity of speaking to Willie Ito, but I can vouch that Tony Benedict and Jerry Eisenberg are very nice people with some funny stories about their time at the Hanna-Barbera studio. I won’t be attending the event (the Hollywood Heritage Museum is not dog friendly, according to their web site), but it starts at 7:30 p.m. There may be some tickets at the door. Sorry, mentioning “Yowp” will not get you a discount. It will get you quizzical looks instead.

The “Three Tooners” were a hit at the recent Toronto Animation Arts Festival International and I’m sure they’ll be equally appreciated by audiences tonight in Hollywood.

1 comment:

  1. I live further down in Southern Calif. near thw Orange County line..except for your fellow dog on the LEFT HAND SIDE (intals SD) I really like those characters,..also tickets sold out...SC (I wonder if horses are allowed...)

    ReplyDelete